CITY OF WAYNESBORO,
CITY COUNCIL BUSINESS MEETING
BRUCE ALLEN, MAYOR, WARD B
TIM WILLIAMS, VICE MAYOR, WARD A
FRANK LUCENTE, COUNCILMAN, AT LARGE
JEFF FREEMAN, COUNCILMAN, WARD C
MIKE HARRIS, COUNCILMAN, WARD D
TO BE HELD ON MONDAY, JULY 23, 2012, AT 7:00 P.M.
503 WEST MAIN STREET,
IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS,
1. Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance.
2. CONSENT AGENDA(any item placed on the consent agenda shall be removed and considered as a separate matter, if so requested by any member of Council, otherwise all items will be voted on with one (1) motion). (ADOPTED 4-0 WITH VICE MAYOR WILLIAMS ABSENT)
a) Consider adopting the minutes from the July 9, 2012 Regular Business Meeting, and dispense with the reading of the minutes.
b) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance to amend zoning text to include rotating thermal shelters as an accessory use permitted by right in Chapter 98 of the City code, Zoning Ordinance, Section 4.6.13.A. (2012-60)
c) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance appropriating Virginia Enterprise Initiative 2012 Innovation Grant funds, in the amount of $20,000, to the General Fund for transfer to the Waynesboro Economic Development Authority, for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2013. (2012-61)
d) Second consideration/adoption of an ordinance appropriating permit fees received during FY12, in the amount of $2,000, associated with the 2012 Dooms Volunteer Fire Company carnival held at Constitution Park, to the General Fund, for a donation to the Dooms Volunteer Fire Company, for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2013. (2012-62)
3. APPLICATION: Consider approving an application from HBA Shuttle Service LLC for a Certificate of Public Convenience to operate as a common carrier in the City of Waynesboro, VA. (APPROVED 4-0 WITH VICE MAYOR WILLIAMS ABSENT)
4. PRESENTATION: Receive the annual update from Mr.
Daniel Sullivan regarding the Senior Advocacy Commission.
5. PLANNING MATTER: Receive the viewer’s report and consider setting a public hearing for Monday, August 13, 2012 to receive public comment regarding the request of Mr. Tom Shumate, Tom Shumate Surveyor, Inc. on behalf of Quesenbery Land, for the City to convey back to the Quesenbery Estate that portion of State Route 254 (Ivy Street) along the front of TM 14-6-25. (APPROVED AND ACCEPTED 4-0 WITH VICE MAYOR WILLIAMS ABSENT)
6. ORDINANCE: Consider introducing an ordinance appropriating a portion of restricted sponsorship funding received by the Sheriff’s Office during FY12, in the amount of $1,270, to the General Fund, for expenditures associated with upgrading the record management system used by the Sheriff’s Office, as well as for the purchase and installation of lights and a siren on a Sheriff’s Office vehicle, for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2013. (INTRODUCED)
7. BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS: Consider approving appointments to the Youth Commission, the Transportation Safety Commission, the Recreation Commission, the Economic Development Authority, and the Planning Commission. (APPOINTMENTS MADE 4-0 WITH VICE MAYOR WILLIAMS ABSENT)
8. Citizen Comment Period.
9. Communication, Correspondence and Calendar.
10. Closed Meeting (If Necessary).