Click Map For Large View
Boundary Lines: 100 feet from Lyndhurst Road; 50 feet from all wooded areas and property lines. In addition, no dogs are allowed between the two residential properties located along Lyndhurst Road
Coyner Springs Dog Exercise Area
RULES & REGULATIONS
For the enjoyment of City residents and their dogs, the following rules apply in Coyner Springs Dog Exercise Area:
(1) No Owner shall have more than two (2) dogs in this Dog Exercise Area.
(2) No Owner shall have a dog that is not in said owner's view and under his or her voice control in this Dog Exercise Area.
(3) No Owner shall have a dangerous dog as defined in Section 3.2-6540(A) of the Code of Virginia in this Dog Exercise Area.
(4) No Owner shall have a vicious dog as defined in Section 3.2-6540(A) of the Code of Virginia in this Dog Exercise Area.
(5) No Owner shall have a female dog in season in this Dog Exercise Area.
(6) No Owner shall have a dog that is less than 4 months old in this Dog Exercise Area.
(7) If such Owner is a resident of the city, their dog(s) must be inoculated and licensed in accordance with sections 14-44 and 14-45 of this Code prior to visiting this Dog Exercise Area with said dog(s).
(8) If such Owner is not a resident of the city, their dog(s) must be inoculated with an anti-rabic vaccine that is in accordance with the latest edition of the "Compendium of Animal Rabies Control" issued by the National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians, Inc., and display evidence that such dog has been inoculated and otherwise duly licensed within its home municipality prior to visiting this Dog Exercise Area with said dog(s).
(9) No child less than 18 years of age shall be permitted in this Dog Exercise Area unless accompanied by an adult.
(10) Owners shall promptly clean up any feces deposited by their dog(s) and place said feces in a waste receptacle.
(11) Any bite of a person or other dog must be immediately reported to Waynesboro Animal Control or Waynesboro Police Department and parties involved must wait for an officer to respond, except in the case where immediate medical care is needed.
(12) Dogs shall not be allowed to bark incessantly or to the annoyance of the neighborhood. (13) Aggressive dogs are not allowed at any time. An aggressive dog is defined as any dog(s) posing a threat to human beings or other dogs.
(14) Failure to abide by any of these rules may result in the Owner and his or her dog(s) being prohibited from future use of City Dog Exercise Area(s).
(15) Any person who violates any of these rules shall be liable for a class four misdemeanor, as prescribed in Section 14-42 of the Waynesboro City Code.