Water Adjustment Policy:
Water adjustments are made for underground leaks and crawl space leaks only and are not made for any inside plumbing leaks or lawn/garden watering.
After the underground/crawl space leak has been repaired by a plumber, a request for water adjustment form may be obtained by clicking the link or from the Billing Utilities Office in Room 103 of the Charles T. Yancey Municipal Building at 503 W Main Street. This must be signed by a plumber with invoice/receipt of work completed from which will be submitted to the Finance Director for review. If approved, the following adjustments will be applied to the utility account.
- The three normal usage months prior to the high bill will be averaged and subtracted from the high bill;
- The resulting difference in water charges will be credited at a rate of 50% of the difference;
- The resulting difference in sewer charges will be credited at a rate of 100% of the difference.
Pool Fill Policy:
Pool Fill Adjustment can be made annually if the following criteria is met:
- Must call for a start reading before filling
- Must call after filling for a final read
- Must be 5 thousand gallons or more to receive an adjustment on sewer.
Cut Off Policy
- All utility bills are subject to disconnection if not paid in full by the due date on the regular bill.
- Written FINAL NOTICE is mailed to each customer letting them know the disconnect date for the services. A $1.50 fee will charged to your account if final notice is sent.
- A $40.00 late payment cut-off list fee is applied to all accounts not paid in full by 9:00 AM on the scheduled disconnect date.
- To reinstate the services the total amount due plus the 40.00 penalty must be paid in the Treasurer’s Office Room 105 at 503 W Main Street.
- Meter Readers are not allowed to accept payments from the customer unless supervisor has spoken to customer directly.
- A $100.00 tampering fee may be applied if services are turned back on by the customer.
City of Waynesboro Code: Obstruction Sec. 86-39
Obstruction of Meters or cut off Boxes
- No person shall in any manner obstruct the free access to any water meter or cut-off box. Violation of this section shall be a misdemeanor punishable by fine of not more than $500.00. (Code 1964, 26-15; Ord. No. 1993-60,8,12-13-93)
- Types– Mulch, Fence, Asphalt, Car/truck, Gravel/Topsoil, Plants, Shrubbery & Trees, Leaves & Tree Limbs, etc.
*Be Aware of Your Meter Box’s Location*
Having your meter box accessible will give you the opportunity to have accurate meter reading which will give you a more accurate bill. Knowing the location of your meter box will also help with times when you need quick access turning water off due to a problem. If you would like to know where your meter box is, give us a call at 540-942-6643 and we would be glad to show you.