Building Permit Submission Requirements
Submission requirements for Residential One and Two family dwellings only:
- Fully completed Building Permit Application and associated fee.
- Two sets of buildings plans. Maximum plan size should not exceed 24"x36"!
- Two sets of site plans.
Submission requirements for any development other than Residential
One and Two family dwellings:
- All improvements to any structure other than a one or two family dwelling requires the Site Development Review approval process. Please refer to the Site Development page for the process information and minimum submission requirements.
- Fully completed Building Permit Application and associated fee. Please contact the Building & Zoning office for permit fee information.
- Three sets of buildings plans. Maximum plan size should not exceed 24"x36"!
Building Plan InformationPlease use the following checklist to provide detailed building plans of the entire project. Plans shall be of adequate size and scale allowing for satisfactory review but should not exceed 24" x 36". Commercial and industrial projects shall require a minimum drawing scale of 1/4 inch. Permits may be issued only when sufficient information is given to show that the proposed work will comply with all building and zoning laws. All work performed will be subject to field inspections.
- Complete scope of work - if work is to be completed in phases, please clearly indicate phases and time frame for completion.
- Complete floor plan with room labels and dimensions - for interior alterations and additions, please show both the existing and proposed floor plans.
- Front, side, and rear elevation views showing final grade and roof pitch
- Foundation plan - please include an overview plan of foundation or footings to include footer size, type of foundation wall, pier locations and size, girder system size, spans, and foundation vent locations. Please specify if the crawlspace is to be conditioned or vented.
- Type of floor system, engineered trusses, I-joist, conventional framed, etc. to include all specifications, size, spacing, and spans
- Type of roof system, engineered trusses, conventional frame, etc. to include all specifications, size, spacing, and spans - if trusses are utilized, plans must be on site at time of framing inspection.
- A detailed wall section from the footing to the roofing material
- Floor layout indicating braced wall lines (BWLs) and braced wall panels (BWPs)
- Separate electrical, mechanical, and plumbing plans may be required.
Site Plan Information (One and Two family dwellings only)Please use the following checklist to provide a detailed site plan of the entire property. Plans shall be of adequate size and scale allowing for satisfactory review. Permits may be issued only when sufficient information is given to show that the proposed work will comply with all building and zoning laws.
- All property lines and adjacent streets and alleys
- All right-of-ways and easements
- All setback lines
- All existing structures
- All proposed structures to include building footprints, decks, porches, patios, stoops, bay windows, window wells, chimneys, mechanical equipment, stairs, sidewalks, retaining walls, fences, and ornamental features
- Driveways and all parking areas
- All structure sizes and measurements - please show distance from structures to property lines and distances between all structures.
- An illustration of lot coverage showing percentage of all impervious area