Bulk Collection Program
Residents may take bulk items (including yard debris) to the Augusta County Regional Landfill located at 749 Christians Creek Road, Staunton, VA 24401. More information about the Landfill can be found at https://www.acsawater.com/landfill
Program Fee Schedule
Refuse Customers that schedule a pickup will be charged in accordance with column labeled "Cost per Pickup (by Request Only).
Non-Refuse Customers or Unscheduled Pickups will be charged in accordance with column labeled "Non-Customer (by Request Only/Unscheduled)".
Please use the Bulk Collection Online Fillable Form link below to schedule a bulk debris/grindable waste pickup:
- Make sure items are not placed against fences, sheds, utility poles or other structures or under utility wires to help facilitate collection;
- Make sure the travel ways for streets, sidewalks and alleys remain unblocked by collection items to ensure safety;
- Separate grindable items (brush, palettes, wood, etc.) from non-grindables; no brush should be on top of television, refrigerators, etc.
- This service is not able to pick up debris from the complete removal of trees and large shrubs (see sizing guidelines on next tab); Yard waste should be from routine care and maintenance of lawns;
- Bulk Debris left out for collection should be generated on or otherwise originated from the property designated for collection.
- Maximum pile size for limbs should not exceed five feet long, three feet wide & three feet high. Maximum limb diameter is four inches. Multiple piles are acceptable as long as total is within the limits of a load;
- Brush from yard clean up and grindable wood;
- Furniture and appliances;
- Two tires per household;
- Bagged grass clippings and leaves;
- One room limit for household carpeting.
- Hazardous materials such as batteries, pesticides, herbicides, paint, paint thinner, Fluorescent lights, etc. For information on Hazardous Waste Collection call 942-6764;
- Stumps from tree removal;
- Shrubbery with large root systems;
- Masonry products (concrete blocks, bricks, mortar, etc.);
- Asbestos products;
- Medical waste;
- Loose trash or debris.
The Chesapeake Bay TMDL 2023 - 2028 Action Plan has been UPDATED. Comment period is now from September 22 - October 6, 2023. Read on...
Drive with Caution for Crack Sealing Read on...
The Resource Calendar provides Public Works Services information for 2023. Read on...