Get One-on-One Help
Receive one-on-one help from a library staff member.
Fill out the appointment request in person or online. We will match up your request with a staff member who can best assist with your needs. That person will contact you to set up an appointment that will last around 30 minutes. Please allow 1-2 days for a response. By scheduling an appointment, we can ensure that you will have up to 30 minutes of uninterrupted, one-on-one help on the topic of your choice.
Please note that this is not a research service. It is a reference service designed to guide you and help you make the most of informational resources.
What types of topics can library staff assist with?
• Downloading eBooks and other materials from our digital collections
• Using library resources, including the catalog or subscription databases
• Consumer and health information
• Finding a good read for you, your child, or your book club
• Resources to help with a school or personal research project
• Social Media (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.)
• Introduction to your laptop or mobile device
• A topic of your choice
We’re sorry, but library staff cannot:
• Provide advice on medical, legal, financial, or business issues; but we can refer you to resources that can help with your topic
• Create, type, or proofread documents for you
• Complete or submit online forms or applications for you
• Assist you with troubleshooting, repairing, or maintenance on personal devices
• Set up a laptop or mobile device
• Assist with credit card transactions
• Appraise art, coins, antiques, or other collectibles
How often may I use the service?
Patrons are limited to two 30 minute sessions per calendar month.
Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This service is available to all Valley Library Connection (Waynesboro, Augusta County or Staunton Library) cardholders.
Where do I go?
Please check in at the circulation desk for your appointment.
Who will be helping me?
Your information request and staff availability will determine which librarian will be able to assist you.
How do I make an appointment?
Stop by the circulation desk or information desk to fill out a request in person or use this online form. Please allow 1-2 business days for a response.