News Flash Home
The original item was published from 7/15/2019 10:05:19 AM to 7/20/2019 5:00:06 PM.
Posted on: July 15, 2019
[ARCHIVED] Paving Schedule
Monday, July 15th: S Linden Avenue, W 12th Street, Cedar Avenue
1. S Linden Avenue from W 12th Street to End
2. W 12th Street from S Laurel Avenue to S Linden Avenue
3. Cedar Avenue for Rosser Avenue to 13th Street
Tuesday, July 16th: NO PAVING
NO PAVING TODAY
Wednesday, July 17th: NO PAVING
NO PAVING TODAY
Thursday, July 18th: Bader Avenue, Forest Drive
1. Bader Avenue from Forest Drive to Rosser Avenue
2. Forest Drive from Rosser Avenue to Downey Drive
Friday, July 19th: Shawnee Road
1. Shawnee Road to Northgate Avenue
Monday/Tuesday, July 15th/16th: NO MILLING
NO MILLING ON THESE DAYS
Wednesday, July 17th: Fairway Drive
1. Fairway Drive from Chatham Road to White Oak Road
Thursday, July 18th: Greenbrier Road
1. Greenbrier Road from Hollins Road to Chatham Road
What Should I Expect During Milling and Paving Activities?:
✔Expect travel time delays as driving lanes may be reduced to one lane instead of two.
✔Expect flaggers to guide you to stop or proceed in instances where traffic shares one lane. There will be a brief delay while you wait your turn to use the lane.
✔Milling operations grind down the old asphalt removing it from the roadway so fresh asphalt can be applied. Prior to paving these milled roads will create a rougher driving surface for a short time.
✔We appreciate your patience as we work to maintain our city's roadways.
✔Any questions can be directed to Public Works Admin at (540) 942-6624, Extension 100.