News Flash Home
The original item was published from 7/29/2019 11:29:22 AM to 8/3/2019 5:05:02 PM.
Posted on: July 29, 2019
[ARCHIVED] Paving Schedule
Monday, July 29th: Fairway Drive, Greenbrier Drive
1. Fairway Drive from White Oak Lane to Chatham Road
2. Greenbrier Road from Hollins Road to Chatham Road
Tuesday, July 30th: Hollins Road, Chatham Road
1. Hollins Road from Chatham Road to End
2. Chatham Road from Poland Street to Hollins Road
Wednesday, July 31st: Alston Court
1.Alston Court from Chatham Road to End
2. Alston Court from Hawthorne Road to Tiffany Drive
Thursday, August 1st: Gwynne Avenue
1. Gwynne Avenue from Poland Street to Alston Court
Monday - Friday, July 29th - August 2nd: NO MILLING
NO MILLING ON THESE DAYS
What Should I Expect During Milling and Paving Activities?:
✔Expect travel time delays as driving lanes may be reduced to one lane instead of two.
✔Expect flaggers to guide you to stop or proceed in instances where traffic shares one lane. There will be a brief delay while you wait your turn to use the lane.
✔Milling operations grind down the old asphalt removing it from the roadway so fresh asphalt can be applied. Prior to paving these milled roads will create a rougher driving surface for a short time.
✔We appreciate your patience as we work to maintain our city's roadways.
✔Any questions can be directed to Public Works Admin at (540) 942-6624, Extension 100.