In response to the Virginia Governor’s Executive Order moving Virginia into Safer At Home: Phase Three protocols, Waynesboro Parks and Recreation is opening additional facilities for public enjoyment.
Shelter Reservations: Reservations will be accepted beginning July 1, 2020. Shelter reservations can be made online only. Follow this link for instructions. Social distancing of 6 feet between household units must be maintained. Shelter users are encouraged to supply their own hand sanitizer and table coverings to reduce the spread of germs during their event.
Restrooms: Restrooms at Ridgeview, North Park and Coyner Springs will reopen beginning July 1. Patrons are reminded to utilize hand sanitizer upon entrance and exit of the restrooms to reduce the spread of germs.
Athletic Fields: Athletic fields have been reopened for organized youth sports and family use. Households are able to utilize the fields for exercise when organized sports groups are not utilizing the fields for practice or play.
Playgrounds: All playgrounds will open on July 1. Parents are encouraged to utilize hand sanitizer and wipes from home before, during, and after play and to encourage children to avoid physical contact with other children while using the equipment. Additional guidelines will be posted at playgrounds.
Basketball and Tennis Courts: The courts at Ridgeview are open. Physical distancing is applicable. Guidelines are posted at the courts.
The following protocols are still in place….
War Memorial Pool: The pool will not open for the 2020 season. In addition, swim lessons and Park Piranha swim team will not be offered.
Parks & Greenways: Currently, all are open to the public. Park and greenway users should resist congregating in large groups and maintain social distancing of 6 feet between households.
Rosenwald Community Center: This facility remains closed. All open gym, public meetings, and classes are cancelled at this time.
For any clarification or additional information, please call 540-942-6735 or email email@example.com.
While using our parks and trails please remember to follow these recommendations:
• Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
• Observe social distancing. Maintain a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and members of different households. If this is not possible, users should find an alternative activity or depart the space.
• Follow CDC guidance on recommended gathering sizes and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
• Follow CDC guidance on personal hygiene prior to, during, and after park or trail use.
• Prepare for no access water fountains.
• Bring hand sanitizer or wipes for personal use.
• While on trails, warn others of your presence and your intention to pass. Step aside to allow others to pass, if necessary.
• Consult local and state ordinances and guidelines for the most up to date recommendations on park and trail use.
Safe and responsible use of park space will help keep you and your neighbors healthy and keep our state headed in the right direction of a new normal.