The Waynesboro Police Department has charged two Waynesboro juveniles with a rash of BB gun vandalisms that occurred late Friday night, 06/5/15, and early Saturday morning, 06/6/15.
Officers began receiving calls from businesses and private vehicle owners shortly after 7:00 A.M. Saturday morning reporting BB Damage to windows etc. This continued throughout the day culminating in more than 11 businesses and 10 vehicle owners throughout the city reporting damage.
As officers began investigating the rampage, video surveillance at one scene provided a lead which, after follow-up, led officers to view surveillance footage at Walmart, 116 Lucy Lane, where the suspects were observed stealing the BB guns and CO2 cartridges. The two juveniles, 16 and 17 years of age respectively, were subsequently identified, interviewed and charged with 1 count of Shoplifting and 1 count of Destruction of Property. Additional Destruction of Property Charges are forthcoming along with Discharging an Air Rifle in the City and Curfew Violations. Both Juveniles are currently being held at the Shenandoah Juvenile Detention center.
The businesses reporting damage are as follows:
1. Coin Laundry, 110 W. Main St.
2. South River Fly Shop, 317 W. Main St.
3. Royal Mart , 501 Rife Road
4. Performance Engineering, 129 S Delphine Ave.
5. Cavalier Restaurant Equipment, 1221 W. Main St.
6. BZ Laundromat, 141 E. Broad St.
7. Rocking R Hardware, 1000 W. Broad St.
8. 9 Round Kickboxing, 400 Tiffany Drive
9. Osaka III, 400 Tiffany Drive
10. Lucky Dollar, 400 Tiffany Drive
11. Zinga Frozen Yogurt, 400 Tiffany Drive